Leaf Coconut Bowl
Are You a Business?
Want to Buy in Bulk? Get Discounted Wholesale Pricing
- 100% NATURAL - No artificial materials used
- ECO-FRIENDLY - Made from a reclaimed coconut shell
- UNIQUE - Carved mouth of the bowl forms the shape of an exotic jungle leaf
- MULTI-PURPOSE - Great for holding food, sprucing up your home, or serving as a lovely gift
- Diameter: 5-6” (13-15 cm)
- Depth: 2” (5-6 cm)
- Capacity: 14-17 oz (400-500 ml)
- Made from a 100% natural coconut shell
- Handcrafted by artisans in Vietnam
- Safe to use with food
- Easy to wash and clean
- No synthetic adhesives or coating involved
- Fair trade certified
In the tropics, serving dishes on huge leaves or in coconut shells is the traditional way of eating food. But you don’t need to travel across the globe to experience this when you can have the best of both worlds: the Leaf Coconut Bowl.
Just like our other coconut bowls, this Art Coconut Bowl is handcrafted from a reclaimed coconut shell, which explains its natural rich brown surface. What makes this different from all other bowls out there is that its edges are shaped to form the blade and leafstalk of an exotic jungle leaf.
While this coconut bowl can easily stand out from your dishware, its unique design isn’t the only thing it offers. Because this leaf-shaped bowl is made from a discarded coconut shell, it also offers a way to eat more sustainably. Find out how artisans in Vietnam turned a previously unwanted shell into this beautifully crafted bowl in our “How It’s Made” section below.
Bring the Leaf Coconut Bowl home and eat out of a coconut shell and a jungle leaf at the same time. With this handmade bowl, you can enjoy your food in a natural, traditional way, and you don’t even have to leave your kitchen to do so!
Before you use your coconut bowl, wash it in water at room temperature.
Do not wash with hot water or use with extremely hot foods.
Not dishwasher-friendly. Hand-wash with soapy lukewarm water. Do not soak for long periods.
Rehydrate your coconut bowl from time to time by polishing it with coconut oil.
Do not expose your bowl to extreme heat and do not use in the refrigerator, microwave, oven or dishwasher.
How It’s Made
1. Harvest coconuts from sustainable sources in Vietnam
We built partnerships with Vietnamese farmers who promote sustainable farming practices. We also make sure that each coconut bowl you choose is as great as its original shell.
2. Remove the husk & juice, and cut the shell in half
Then, the local craftspeople remove the husk and bore holes to pour out the coconut juice. Next, they cut the shell in half and scrape off the coconut meat.
3. Sand the shell inside and out
With the use of sandpaper, the artisans sand and smooth the coconut shells’ edges and surfaces. Sanding these shells can reveal the naturally rich brown colors of our coconut bowls.
4. Get the bowl ready for use
Every coconut bowl is polished to perfection with coconut oil. Polishing the coconut bowl with oil can hydrate it and make it longer-lasting.