Click on the question belows to scroll down to that question
- How are your products made?
- Where do you ship from? Where are your products made?
- How are your products sustainable? Are you destroying rainforests?
- What do you coat your products with?
- Do you use glue?
- How long will your products last?
- Is it normal for a certain product to look different from another?
- What do you use to wrap and pack your products with?
- Do you offer carbon-neutral shipping options?
- Do you treat or compensate the artisans fairly?
- Do you offer wholesale homeware?
- How long before out-of-stock items come back in stock?
- What are the general care instructions for your products?
- Will the products get moldy over time?
- How do I remove stains?
- What do you use for shipping?
- How long will it take to ship out my order?
- How much is the shipping cost?
- Do you ship outside the US?
- Will I receive a tracking number?
- I haven’t received my order. How do I check the status?
- Do you charge tax?
- Which payment methods do you accept?
- Do you take orders over the phone or through the mail?
- How does the charge appear on my credit card statement?
- Are you running any promotions?
- Refund and Exchange Policy
About Our Products and Process
Refund and Exchange
About Our Products and Process
How are your products made?
Each of our products is made by master artisans from all over the world. They use traditional woodworking techniques that have been passed down from generation to generation. To learn more about how our products are made, visit Our Process page.
Where do you ship from? Where are your products made?
We ship directly from our warehouse in New Mexico. Our products are created in developing regions across the globe, including:
- Ben Tre, Vietnam
- Hanoi and Thanh Hoa, Vietnam
- East and Central Java, Indonesia
- Sfax, Tunisia
For more information about our partner artisans and the countries where our products are made, visit Our Partners page.
How are your products sustainable? Are you destroying rainforests?
To produce our products, we work closely with farmers and artisans in rural communities that regulate the harvesting of trees and replacing the trees they cut. We use sustainable wood from non-producing trees, discarded wood offcuts, coconut shells that are about to be burned as waste, and fast-growing bamboo.
Learn more about the materials we source and use to make our products in our Why We Work With Wood page.
As part of our pledge to 1% for the Planet, we help replenish the world’s forests by donating over 2% of our annual revenue to tree-planting charities. We are also actively looking for more opportunities to expand our mission to help save the environment.
Learn more about our tree-planting mission in our 1 Million Trees page.
What do you coat your products with?
Our kitchenware products, as well as our garden decor pieces, are coated with food-safe lacquers or oils, such as coconut oil and olive oil. With this kind of coating, our kitchenware products can be used safely with food and drinks.
Do you use glue?
Most of our products do not contain any form of glue as they are carved from a single piece of wood or coconut shell.
Some products that do use food-safe glue include:
- Bamboo Plates and Bamboo Bowls - made of bamboo offcuts that are pieced together
- Cup Sets and Tall Bamboo Stein - with handles that are carved separately
- Three Art Pedestal Planters and Soap Dishes - with coconut or wooden bases that need to be glued
How long will your products last?
As with all other natural products, our artisan-made homeware goods can last a lifetime with proper care and cleaning. Scroll down to the Care Instructions below for more info.
Is it normal for a certain product to look different from another?
Yes. Our partner artisans follow the natural shape and size of the materials they work with. This means that no two pieces of the same product style will be exactly the same, and each will have its own unique shape, size, and markings.
What do you use to wrap and pack your products with?
Because of the negative environmental impact of plastic wrap, we wrap each of our products with branded recycled paper, use recycled paper as fillers, and pack orders using biodegradable cardboard boxes.
Do you offer carbon-neutral shipping options?
Unfortunately, we don’t offer carbon-neutral shipping options at the moment. We admit that our process isn’t 100% perfect, but we’re heavily invested in other ways to uphold our sustainability commitment and are dedicated to learning more ways to improve our process.
Do you treat or compensate the artisans fairly?
We steer clear of partnering with big corporations and instead work with family-run businesses to support the talents of local artisans in developing communities. Before we choose to partner with small family-owned businesses of artisans, we make sure that the woodworkers are treated and compensated fairly.
Do you offer wholesale homeware?
How long before out-of-stock items come back in stock?
If you have your eye on a specific product but it’s out of stock, please email us at email@example.com to find out when the item will be restocked. You can also pre-order out-of-stock items so we can reserve them for you once they become available.
What are the general care instructions for your products?
- Rinse with room temperature water before using them for the first time.
- Wash by hand with soap and water after each use. Dry immediately with a soft clean cloth.
- Polish with coconut oil, olive oil, or other food-grade oil after every 3 to 5 washes or once they become dull or dry.
- Store in a cool, dry place. Keep away from direct sunlight.
- Don't soak in water for long periods.
- Don't expose to extreme heat (e.g. hot food and drinks, hot water).
- Don't put in the dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, or oven.
Each package comes with product care instructions.
Will the products get moldy over time?
Our products are polished with a protective coating, but it might not protect the products as it does when they are new.
Because damp organic surfaces are a breeding ground for mold, we recommend drying the products right after every wash and keeping them in a cool, dry place. Avoid putting them in a damp area.
How do I remove stains?
You can use baking soda, lemon, or/and vinegar to remove stains.
- Baking soda - Scrub the stain using a mixture of baking soda and soapy water (1:2 ratio) and let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse with water and dry with a clean cloth.
- Lemon - Rub the stain with a slice of lemon and let it air dry. Or you can squeeze lemon juice into the baking soda and water mixture (see the first bullet).
- Vinegar - Pour vinegar onto the stain and scrub it with a clean cloth. Rinse with water and dry with a clean cloth.
For more information about caring for your products, you can refer to the care instructions included with your order or these articles:
What do you use for shipping?
For all domestic shipping, we ship via USPS First Class, 2- Day Priority, or UPS Ground, whichever comes out to be a lower rate for your order. We cannot ship UPS orders to P.O. boxes.
How long will it take to ship out my order?
All orders are processed within 24 hours and typically sent within a day or two. Delivery takes about 3 to 7 business days, depending on your location.
How much is the shipping cost?
We offer affordable domestic flat-rate shipping options (excluding international packages):
- Orders under $100: $10
- Orders over $100: Free Shipping to Continental USA
We try our best to reduce shipping costs and will happily combine orders.
Do you ship outside the US?
Yes. We ship international orders via International First Class, Priority, or Express Mail. Rates and delivery time vary by destination.
If you would like to know the exact shipping price before purchase or if you are having trouble purchasing, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can send a custom payment invoice.
Will I receive a tracking number?
Yes. Once shipped, you'll receive a separate email with the tracking number.
I haven’t received my order. How do I check the status?
If you need any updates on the location of your package, please refer to the tracking number that was sent to your email address. You can also contact the carrier directly.
If your package is lost or missing, you'll need to contact the carrier directly to launch an investigation. We are not responsible for lost, stolen, or missing packages.
Do you charge tax?
We charge New Mexico sales tax to New Mexico residents. Transactions shipped outside of New Mexico are tax-free.
Which payment methods do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Discover credit card payments, PayPal, Google Pay, and Amazon Pay.
Do you take orders over the phone or through the mail?
How does the charge appear on my credit card statement?
The transaction will appear under our business name Rainforest Bowls.
Are you running any promotions?
Yes! We offer year-round deals and coupon codes. You can check them out on Our Deals page.
Refund and Exchange
Refund and Exchange Policy
We guarantee that each of our products is made with the highest quality and finest artisanship. But if you aren’t completely satisfied with your purchase and would like to return your order for a refund or an exchange, you must notify us via email (email@example.com) or phone (805-452-0659). A sales representative will provide a return mailing address.
We won’t provide a return label, but we’ll provide a return identification (RI) number and important instructions on how to re-package the order. All returned orders must be shipped back to our warehouse within 60 days of receiving the order.
The customer is responsible for return shipping and reshipment costs for any exchange orders. We are not responsible for orders returned to sender for any reason. If orders are returned to sender, we can reship the package, but there will be a reshipment fee. We ship orders to the address that the customer inputs at checkout. If this address is incorrect or unable to be delivered, we are not responsible.
If the customer prefers a refund of the order rather than reshipment, there will be a full refund minus original shipping paid and a 15% restock fee. Once all items, including the freebies, are returned in good condition, you will receive a full refund minus a 15% restock fee and shipping and handling.
Please allow us 5-7 business days from when the item is delivered for your returned order to be processed.