Stripes Coconut Bowl
Are You a Business?
Want to Buy in Bulk? Get Discounted Wholesale Pricing
- 100% NATURAL - No artificial materials used
- ECO-FRIENDLY - Made from a reclaimed coconut shell
- UNIQUE - Carved on the edge of the bowl are horizontal lines inspired by the distinctive stripes of wild animals
- MULTI-PURPOSE - Great for holding food, sprucing up your home, or serving as a lovely gift
- Diameter: 5.5-6” (14-15 cm)
- Depth: 2" (6 cm)
- Capacity: 17 oz (500 ml)
- Made from 100% natural coconut
- Handcrafted by artisans in Vietnam
- Safe to use with food
- Easy to wash and clean
- No synthetic adhesives or coating involved
The savannas and the tropics offer a myriad of breathtaking natural creations, like their flora and fauna. Have the best of both these worlds in the Stripes Coconut Bowl.
Just like how the patterns of every zebra’s stripes are unique, this coconut bowl is one-of-a-kind. On the edge of the bowl, there are several carved horizontal lines resembling the striped coats of galloping creatures in the wild.
The distinctive design of this coconut bowl is made possible by the skillful hands of rural artisans in Vietnam. Inspired by the beauty of striped animals, these craftspeople crafted the reclaimed coconut shells into the Stripes Coconut Bowl and other Rainforest Bowls. See the story on how our coconut bowls were created in the “How It’s Made” section below.
Up to 24 ounces of meals or drinks can fit in the Stripes Coconut Bowl. As you dig into your favorite comfort food served in this bowl, you can dream of creatures galloping across the savanna and of coconut trees lining the tropical coast as well.
Stripes Coconut Bowl Is Ideal for
Before you use your coconut bowl, wash it in water at room temperature.
Do not wash with hot water or use with extremely hot foods.
Not dishwasher-friendly. Hand-wash with soapy lukewarm water. Do not soak for long periods.
Rehydrate your coconut bowl from time to time by polishing it with coconut oil.
Do not expose your bowl to extreme heat and do not use in the refrigerator, microwave, oven or dishwasher.
How It’s Made
1. Harvest coconuts from sustainable sources in Vietnam
We built partnerships with Vietnamese farmers who promote sustainable farming practices. We also make sure that each coconut bowl you choose is as great as its original shell.
2. Remove the husk & juice, and cut the shell in half
Then, the local craftspeople remove the husk and bore holes to pour out the coconut juice. Next, they cut the shell in half and scrape off the coconut meat.
3. Sand the shell inside and out
With the use of sandpaper, the artisans sand and smooth the coconut shells’ edges and surfaces. Sanding these shells can reveal the naturally rich brown colors of our coconut bowls.
4. Get the bowl ready for use
Every coconut bowl is polished to perfection with coconut oil. Polishing the coconut bowl with oil can hydrate it and make it longer-lasting.
Love this bowl and its the perfect size!