Crisscross Coconut Bowl
Are You a Business?
Want to Buy in Bulk? Get Discounted Wholesale Pricing
- 100% NATURAL - No artificial materials used
- ECO-FRIENDLY - Made from a reclaimed coconut shell
- UNIQUE - Crisscross pattern bordered by parallel lines, carved on a polished body
- MULTI-PURPOSE - Great for holding food, sprucing up your home, or serving as a lovely gift
- Diameter: 5.5-6” (14-15 cm)
- Depth:3-3.5" (9 cm)
- Capacity: 17 oz (500 ml)
- Made from a 100% natural coconut shell
- Handcrafted by artisans in Vietnam
- Safe to use with food
- Easy to wash and clean
- No synthetic adhesives or coating used
A bowl for the minimalist taste. A handcrafted piece of tableware for the modern kitchen. That’s what the Crisscross Coconut Bowl is all about.
Running around this coconut bowl is a lattice-like engraving between parallel lines, forming an intricate crisscross pattern that perfectly suits the modern taste. Whether you use this bowl for serving smoothies or storing odds and ends, it’ll surely bring an artistic touch to your home.
With its unique yet attractive design, you wouldn’t believe that this bowl is handcrafted from coconut shell waste. After rural artisans in Vietnam collect the discarded coconut shells, they cut and polish them with coconut oil, transforming a piece of trash into a lovely piece of art. Find out how our coconut bowls were handcrafted in the “How It’s Made” section below.
Contemporary style meets traditional art with the Crisscross Coconut Bowl. Liven up your kitchen while enjoying any of your favorite meals with this bowl!
Before using your coconut bowl for the first time, wash it in water at room temperature.
Do not wash with hot water or use with hot food.
Not dishwasher-friendly. Hand-wash with soapy lukewarm water. Do not soak for long periods.
Rehydrate your coconut bowl from time to time by polishing it with coconut oil.
Do not expose your bowl to extreme heat or use in the refrigerator, microwave, oven, or dishwasher.
How It’s Made
1. Harvest coconuts from sustainable sources in Vietnam
We built partnerships with Vietnamese farmers who promote sustainable farming practices. We also make sure that each coconut bowl you choose is as great as its original shell.
2. Remove the husk & juice, and cut the shell in half
Then, the local craftspeople remove the husk and bore holes to pour out the coconut juice. Next, they cut the shell in half and scrape off the coconut meat.
3. Sand the shell inside and out
With the use of sandpaper, the artisans sand and smooth the coconut shells’ edges and surfaces. Sanding these shells can reveal the naturally rich brown colors of our coconut bowls.
4. Get the bowl ready for use
Every coconut bowl is polished to perfection with coconut oil. Polishing the coconut bowl with oil can hydrate it and make it longer-lasting.